Thursday, August 16, 2007

Time in the Water

I have not been SCUBA diving since September 2001. Where did the time go? I had planned on going last year when Donna and I were on a cruise, but I could not find my C-Card. Guess where it was? In my wallet!!! I had it all along. Damn it!!!

Donna and I are heading to St Thomas in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to a couple of dives. In preparation for the trip, I signed up for a SCUBA refresher course with Splash Dive Center in Alexandria. I have nothing but great things to say about the instructors and dive masters. Along with me, there was a young boy learning to dive in the pool and then a full Open Water Class that was also being taught. Everyone appeared to be getting the attention they needed and were learning.

All the major tasks came back pretty quickly. But after a 6 year hiatus and only about 30 total dives, I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

This morning was a swimming work out. It was not overly taxing but there was some anaerobic work. The longest set was 250 yds (2 of those) and the rest were either 100 or 200 yds. Our coach is still not back. I am not sure what to think.

We are at the 10 day mark for the Chicago Triathlon. More on that later


No comments: