Sunday, March 23, 2008

Random Thoughts from the Week

Today is Easter. Easter is a time for rebirth, which means for me that it is time to get my ass back in gear. I have been getting in 3 workouts a week, but that's not near enough. So after my email to Laurie on Saturday I know its time for me to get moving. Tomorrow morning is a trainer ride, even though Monday's are typically a day off.

Friday my work partner and I took the day off and played golf. We have a rather difficult client at work and there have been some issues. I have been limited in hours, so it was either go do admin work or take a day off. I haven't played golf in years and I am still as bad as I usually am.

This week in DC there were anti-war protests. They attempted to shut down the IRS, conducted a "die-in" at Caterpillar, and were going to have a bike ride through town. When I drove in work, there were more press than protesters tying up traffic. From what I saw on my home the bike ride was non-existent due to the rain. The two points I would like to make is regardless of your feeling of war in general, if you are going to protest the evilness of any war you can't let a little rain in get your way. It makes your conviction questionable. The second point is I have been threatened on numerous occasions by the peace lovers. (????) Here is a is a video from the Daily Show that gives my feelings toward this individuals.

Basketball is high swing at the house this weekend. I really don't care for hoops, but I get sucked in by my wife's love of the game in March. So far she is doing very well. She will know better tomorrow how she stacks up with her co-workers.

I hope everyone had Happy Easter.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Ron Riggle cracks me up! That was funny!! I'll just say that I get annoyed by the people on both extremes of the issue given that most of us fall somewhere in the middle.

triguyjt said...

ron riggle is very very good at that stuff.....

it only points out the insanity of those types of protests....

no one puts a gun to the "recruited" persons head to enlist.... amazing...

Rainmaker said...

That's a hilarious video.

Many times protestors protest for the sake of protest, not for any real belief in what they're shouting about.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Ray,

Thanks kind of the point I was making. They have no real beliefs of their own. We could dig deeper into the power of the organizers, but this is an endurance blog. LOL. It is just a shame that they help shape debate and their votes count as much as the people who actually research and form their ideas based on some actual thought.