Sunday, January 20, 2008

Workouts

I was able to get in a 15 mile ride on the trainer on Friday morning, an 8 mile run on Satuday, another 14 miles today on the trainer.

Yesterday was a 2 hour 8 mile run with Donna. She is doing the run/walk Galloway method. She is really getting pretty good. She was able to maintain a solid 13 min pace for the first 5 miles and then she started to wear out. Part of the problem is that she has not learned to eat while running yet and her body just runs out of gas. I think after the run yesterday that she has figured out that she has to have a nutritional plan to complete the half.

Today was another 14 miles on the trainer while watching Miami Vice.

I would love to get out and do something, but 22 degrees with windchill of 1 is not to my liking. So I will just stay in and watch some football.

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Miami Vice! Sweet! I'd have stayed in to watch, too!

GetBackJoJo said...

Glad it's going well for your wife! I bet once she starts fueling properly for her runs she will become a convert in terms of eating on the run. It's kind of miraculous what a little Gu or Gatorade will do...