Saturday, October 13, 2007

Army PT Test (Sort of a triathlon)

This was a Battle Assembly (Drill) weekend at my Army Reserve Unit. This morning we had what I have started calling the PT Test Triathlon, because is composed of three events. You have see how many pushups you can do in 2 minutes, how many situps in 2 minutes, and then a two mile run. Back in my younger and lighter days I would do about 80 pushups and situps and run the two miles in 13:30 or so. Even with doing triathlons I am no longer a fast runner.

I have not been in the gym since Feb and haven't really done any pushups or worked my core like I should. I have just been swimming, biking and running. So I figured I would I would do 50 push ups and then 50 situps, and then just get up after each event. Which is exactly what I did.

The thing about the reserves, in comparsion to active duty, is how slow everyone is on the run. Most people don't do enough to stay in very good shape. I figured I would I could run about a 7:30 mm and still place high in our unit. I was able to run a 7:29 mile (which is damn fast for me) and i finshed 4th out of 60+ people. So all in all I have happy. Now just to work on my speed and get my 10K time down to 8 m/m.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

And to all the Kona competitors--Good luck and Great job!!

1 comment:

Xena said...

Look out, you guys are going to get schooled by the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.