Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Go to Bed Hungry?

I really love spicy food. Mexican Food, Chinese Food, Pepperoni Pizza with crushed red peppers, Hamburgers with onions--mmmm. My problem with eating is I love the taste of these certain foods. I know I am full, but my taste buds still crave the flavor. If it is in front of me I will eat it. Its a good thing I am active!!!

This leads up to something I read the other day. I wish I could remember where I read it. Two teachers are talking about their weekend. One commented that she had completed a triathlon and when asked about why she had got started, she commented that as she got older she needed a new challenge to stay in shape and just fell in love with the challenge. The man that was questioning her was a rather slim and in his early 60s. She asked him how managed to maintain his slim waistline. He told her that he always went to bed just a little bit hungry. About this time, a rather fat man walked in grumbling about being hungry. He put his money in the machine, got a candy bar, looked at the others in the break room and stated he was just starving. The author of this piece decided at that moment that maybe going to be a little hungry is a good thing.

Now that Charolettsville is over I plan on doing that. I have about 10lbs I would like to shed. I get the exercise--now to moderate my caloric intake.

Wish me luck.

No comments: