Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Summer in 1000 words or so

Not that my dear readers really care what I have been up too, but I will tell you anyway. As I stated in my last blog post that I have not been working out much and I was humbled in a race today.

I took command of an army reserve unit in June and I have been on a very painful project at work. The work was interesting but it was not managed in the best way possible by client and it took a lot of long hours. Between my job and my respsonsibilities with the Army, I have been working 12-14 hours a day. Something had to give and it was my training. I kept thinking that my base could carry me through. However, it did not. I did the New Jersey State Triathlon in late July and that was my last race.

In August the bride and I headed down island for a week in the Cayman Islands. It was a great vacation where I did diving. If you head down to the Cayman's I highly recommend Divers Down. They run a great operation that has reasonable prices and no more than 8 divers per boat.




A couple of weeks ago we went White Water Rafting in Western Maryland. The night prior we camped at Rocky Gap State Park. It was a great night for camping, about 50 degrees. We got up, had a great breakfast, watched a little of a Mountain Bike Race and then headed off to the rafting site. This particular run was suppose to be Class II to III+. It was fun but I was disappointed in the rapids on the North Branch of Potomac.


So now I am back and if anyone is still reading this, please keep me honest.

4 comments:

triguyjt said...

despite your disappointment in the ten k race,.... it looks like you have the swagger back...as long as you can sneak in workouts around the super busy sked you have for work....
those were some cool pics on the white water rafting....

CoachLiz said...

The pictures from the Cayman Islands of the sea life are beautiful.

rocketpants said...

ohhh even if you haven't been training...you got to do some COOL stuff!! Diving in the Caymens...very cool

Rainmaker said...

Nice, I'll have to check out that campground and rapids out - might be a good combo for some whitewater kayaking and camping.

Looks like a great summer though!